Second Degrees

Saturday, 24 November 2007

I can now, alas, say that I know what it is like to receive a second degree burn.

Whilst making a morning coffee for my husband, I managed to pull the entire cup, complete with freshly boiled water, onto my right thigh. At the top. Where the skin is most tender. The boiling brew flashed straight through my tracky dacks and seared into the skin instantly. The yelp was heard in Haidian District.

Thinking quickly despite running around the kitchen like Daffy Duck with his tail on fire, I threw myself in the shower and stood with cold water running on the wound for at leat 20 minutes. The doctor later said the burn would have been much worse if I hadn't done this. So please people please - get a coffee burn under cold water instantly and for ages!

Or don't pull an entire cup of hot coffee onto yourself. Either is good.

So, I have a thigh done medium rare and a dressing patch the size of a JK Rowling contract. This is really going to interfere with my ability to wear skinny jeans... Looks like I'll be wearing a suit of armour on my next trip to Starbucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better!
This makes me remember your quick actions when some stupid lady gave Meagan a full papercup of scalding hot water! T

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...