Beauty in the Smallest Things

Saturday, 8 May 2010

Yesterday, I had the misfortune of being vampirically sapped and [incredulously] abused by an oxygen hog who no doubt spends their lifetime cruising the airspace (both virtual and real) impinging upon happiness, creativity, beauty and calm.

Thankfully, and I feel blessed to have evolved thus far - this tiresome experience did naught but highlight the beauty and loving experiences in my life... from the jaw-dropping mascot Ella created for her cross-country day at school (featuring Chocolate the horse, above) to the legions of amazing, talented and very lovely people I'm currently liaising with for handmade living. What a gorgeous, truly fabulous bunch of people - who make working on this book a joy.

But it's also the teensy things that make one appreciate life so intensely -

the cup of tea Husband brings me after waking from a restless night

the phone call from the brother-in-law just to say 'hi'

the beautiful email from Mary to soothe my soul

the warming sunshine breaking through the Japanese maples outside my window

the smooches from my kids as they tear around gathering their Saturday sporting supplies

the divine Highland Habitat handcream I'm smearing on my work-sapped hands

the stunning photograph of Cambodian monk children gifted to me by Dani - sitting here beside me, reminding me to hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil

the rainbow paperdolls the kids coloured in

the tang on my tongue of a great morning coffee

What are you appreciating today?

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Tania,
So sorry that some unhappy someone tried to bring you down. So happy that you chose to handle it the way you did. You're such an inspiration and I really enjoy your blog! Wishing you a happy day!

Tania McCartney said...

What a gorgeous thing to say - thank you, Sandy! x

Tiny Concept said...

Chin up T. We all know how wonderful you are - it is these people that really matter!

mrssewandsos said...

I am wiping away the tears of laughter after reading your post today! Oxygen thieves are a menace to our society and they must be stopped! I am so pleased to read that you have survived this nasty encounter and so proud that you have walked away to appreciate your beautiful life and surroundings. x

Emma Davidson said...

Love the sound of the rainbow paper dolls! Any chance of photos?
Today I'm thankful for newborn nieces with tiny pointy chins, my middle sister's perfectly round pregnant tummy, and celery with cream cheese and sultanas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...