Monday, 20 December 2010

advent house


I have a thing for houses, paper and... advent calendars. So if I could live in a paper house with a million advent calendars (all handmade, of course), I would be a very happy creative person.

Before we left post in Beijing, I found this little 'house' made from wood, with teensy little drawers. It was painted pink and white with barnyard animals all over, but all I could see was a red and white advent calendar.


It's taken me two years to get around to painting it, and I'm yet to do paint touch-ups and seal it with clear enamel, but I love how this little house advent has turned out. It will be stored away in the new year for the kids to take full joy from for Christmas 2011.

First I removed all the drawers and painted the house shell cherry red. I then went over the drawers with white paint and made the little handles into red jaffas with that cherry paint.

Using rub-ons and clear stickers, I then added numbers and black silhouettes, then added a few more in white to the roof. Quick, super easy and so effective.

This is just about my first craft project all year, after a manic twelve months of book creating - so it was a joy to spend some time on this little house. I love it and can't wait to use it next year.

8 comments:

  1. oh wow, you clever chicky. i love this idea!!!! :) so beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is sooo clever Ms. McCartney!!! Love the black on the red and white. Wishing you a magic Chrissie :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one very clever lady! It's gorgeous! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! love it what an airloom !! Merry Christmas have a hearty festive season... Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! thecoolkidsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so pretty!
    Merry Christmas my sweet friend!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be made live when approved. So spammers, don't even bother.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.