Cupcakes!

Tuesday, 7 April 2009


I’m really tempted, scuse the pun, to create my own cupcake of the month. Ha. If only I had the time and my bum wasn't permanently glued to this computer chair, getting fatter from shovelling all the cupcakes OTHER people have made into my cakehole.

But seriously, who doesn’t fall in love when they see a cupcake?

When I visited New York in 1997, I - alas - didn't get time to get to Magnolia Bakery and sample their wares. Their cupcakes are so popular, there's a 12-per customer limit. I hear sales in fake moustaches, wigs, sunglasses and baseball caps also went up when they brought in this rule.

Since then, many cupcake parlours have popped up over Manhattan including Sprinkles, Sugar Sweet Sunshine and Baked. Seems like a good excuse to just pack a bag and go back.




In the meantime, I'm inspired by these fabulous cupcakes... and I'd love to see yours. Post a link in a comment!

And if you're just a cupcake making wannabe, have a dribble over these sites...
www.cupcakeswirl.com




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tania - try this site as well - www. bakerella.com - FANTASTIC!!!!! T.B.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...