Reminders: Telemarketers

Wednesday 2 December 2009

One of my pet pet pet pet hates is the invasion of our home's privacy by junkmail posters, hawkers and telemarketers. We are so chronically bombarded with advertising and marketing every waking moment of our lives, the last thing we need is someone flogging their stuff at our door or down our phone line.

After recently explaining to a telemarketer that I did not accept sales calls to my private sanctuary, she had the hide to say "But you don't know what you're missing out on". Oh, I know what I'm missing out on - freedom from infuriating advertising harrassment - that's what I'm missing out on.

If you, too, are tired of the unsolicited harrassment, log on to www.donotcall.gov.au and get yourself blocked from telemarketers. Don't forget your No Junk Mail sign on the letterbox, and yes, it's perfectly acceptable to hide behind the couch and turn down the radio when someone knocks at the door.

Good luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we have this here as well, but they still call - I get no les than 15 calls per day! TB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...