Taking Time

Friday 11 December 2009


When I tell my girlfriends I'm finally going to take some 'time off' or 'slow down' or do something calm and quiet and 'for me', they smile sweetly and their eyes sort of glaze over in a 'yeah right' daze.

Truth be told, despite my well-meaning gush, I too often doubt I'll ever make the time to do lovely things I pine to do, regardless of passing witness to the promising words tumbling from my mouth.

Work is my passion, of course, but sometimes we need a break from our passion... just to potter. To create things for the family. To indulge in a little whimsy and memories.

So, today I took a beautiful do-it-yourself calendar from kikki.K, and I filled it in with photos of our travels with the kids.

It looks beautiful. And it was so much fun.

There you go, my lovely friends - the naysayers... PROOF!

1 comment:

Tiny Concept said...

I am so jealous - I have wanted that exact same calender too! What a wonderful thing to look at every month of next year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...