Twenty-Five Random Things About Me

Thursday, 11 February 2010

We all love to talk about ourselves, and share things people might not know. If you're anything like me, I also love to learn these things about others. Some of us can't stand mint toothpaste. Some of us enjoy chicken livers. Some have visited dozens of countries and others haven't the least desire to leave the confines of their quaint Italian village (who would if you lived in a quaint Italian village?)

So, in celebration of taking a peek inside the lives of everyone else (I'm such a busy-body!), here are 25 random things about me, and please share links to yours. I want a peek.

1. I could eat my weight in Cadbury creme eggs (that's allota eggs! and interesting this is the first thing I thought of).

2. My favourite flower is the peony. Oh, and the hydrangea and orchid.

3. I speak French (quite well) and Mandarin (badly).

4. When I was little, I wanted to be a movie star, super model and author. At least one of those has come true.

5. My favourite author is Enid Blyton (and Maurice Sendak).

6. I don't like mugs.

7. I don't eat red meat; I think it is poison.

8. I have lived in 4 different countries - Australia, China, France and England.

9. One of my most beloved icons are the Hear/See/Say No Evil monkeys.

10. I want to live in Japan and the States. Soon.

11. I eat raw oats, natural yogurt, seeds, nuts and fruit every morning, in one big bowl. God's food.

12. I've lived in every Australian state except the Northern Territory.

13. I have an enormous handbag collection.

14. I frame beautiful fabric.

15. I've travelled to nearly 400 places in 16 different countries.

16. I am obsessed with photography and have created countless photo books and memory albums.

17. I am also obsessed with children's books, and always have been.

18. I love to bake.

19. I am an Aquarian Earth Monkey.

20. Worms freak me out (but I know how important that are).

21. I have green eyes but I'm not a jealous person.

22. I'm an excellent swimmer.

23. I adore Barbra Streisand and when she sings My Man, I weep uncontrollably.

24. Throwing children's parties is sheer joy for me.

25. I have an odd nose.

Jules of Handmade Market and Tina of Tiny Concept - you're tagged!

5 comments:

Posie Patchwork said...

OH love it & Handmade Market Girl has already nominated me. Yippee, give me time, i'll find 25 random things that will surprise all. Love Posie

ensparkle ceramics said...

What a fantastic idea! Lovely insights Tania...must find time to do one too :-)

Tiny Concept said...

Just completed mine (www.tinyconcept.blogspot.com). It took some time to think of myself instead of my children or work - a very strange feeling!!!!! Love yours Tania!

Eni said...

So your favorite author is Enid Blyton. Well, I am glad to inform you that I have written and published a book on Enid Blyton, titled, The Famous Five: A Personal Anecdotage (www.bbotw.com).
Stephen Isabirye

Corrie said...

ohhh I can say snap to a few of those things!!!!!!! lovely to know you....once those creme eggs come into the store it's all over for me! now I've got my husband and little girl onto them so have to hide them up high in the pantry! they bring back good memories for me

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...