Compliments

Monday 15 March 2010


This morning I received the loveliest email from someone unexpected, complimenting me on a talk I recently did. It was such a wonderful start to my day, and my week. It lifted my spirits and gave me that lovely warm, gooey feeling we all crave so much (and usually experience it only through a mouth full of chocolate).

I felt so uplifted and positive from this kind and generous comment, that I repaid the comment to another friend - I emailed her about how well-received her emailed newsletter is amongst my circle, and she too responded by saying my email had made her day.

How easy is it to pass on positive information or a genuine compliment to people in our everyday lives? From a small comment to the girl serving your coffee to an outright letter of appreciation, it can take only a moment to make someone's day a whole lot brighter - and perhaps even be a catalyst for bigger things for that person. We never know what anyone is going through on any given day, and often it's the smallest things that make the biggest difference.

Pay someone a positive comment, compliment or thank you today. Go on, I dare you.

As for me, I'm skipping off merrily into my busy week with a palpable spring in my step. Thank you, Rosemary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tania for making my day!
:0)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tania for making my day! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...