book reading and signing at government house

Sunday 6 March 2011


So much fun at the fabulous Government House Open Day event today! Held to raise funds for one of my favourite charities - the Smith Family - the event welcomes over 70,000 people and plays host to a plethora of fun family activities, music, stalls and of course - a chance to peek inside The House. Funds raised go towards helping underpriveleged kids secure the education they deserve, so it was a thrill to be involved again.

And just look at this wonderful line-up of local authors and illustrators who also partook...


So lovely to catch up with Pauline, Tracey and Ingrid during my reading, and what a fun reading! Around 40 people searched for koala during Riley and the Curious Koala and I had the most hilarious comments, as always, from the kids. Loved it.


It was also really special to finally meet the amazing Kylie Wood, a Cowra girl who is organising a big International Women's Day event in Cowra next weekend - Beautiful Strength (click the link for more!) and her darling daughter.

Thanks to all the Smith Family volunteers for looking after me and making my reading so much fun! I love what you do. x

1 comment:

Cate Holst said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day! I hope some serious money was raised for the Smith Family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...