A few sandwiches short of a picnic…

Thursday 30 April 2009

I don’t know what sayings you have for cluelessness in your part of the world, but in Australia, we often say someone is ‘a few sandwiches short of a picnic’. This means someone is probably missing a smart gene or is ‘not all there’ mentally.

I think I’m not only missing a few sandwiches lately, I’ve been devouring them as well.

You know how it is – it’s just the little things. Putting the milk carton in the linen cupboard and the sheets in the freezer. Leaving the pasta to boil to a brain-like consistency. Burning the cookies. Not just scorching. Cindering. Being completely incapable of finding your keys or mobile phone (thank goodness the latter can be rung). Sending a client the wrong book after her initial book got lost in the mail.

Sheesh. Leanne – you are one patient woman.

Thankfully, Leanne was more than happy to read Beijing Tai Tai and I’m sending her Riley and the Sleeping Dragon now. I just had to blog about her because she has been the most patient, kindest person – most people would have been hopping like a flea after the niggles this simple transaction has taken.

Right, I'm off to make me some sandwiches. Please remind me I have to pick up the kids from school today!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...