All Wrapped Up

Friday 1 May 2009

One of my most favouritist things in the entire world to do is wrap presents. I adore it. I crave it so much, I need more more more presents to wrap. Finding the perfect gift pales in comparison to how creatively I can tie it up in a pretty package.

Every Christmas, I have a particular wrapping theme with my gift wrapping, and for birthdays, the kids always have matching gift wrapped presents each year. More often than not, the wrapping ties in with the theme of their party (we're big on themes in this house).

Here are some past birthdays of the kids... from fairies to monkeys to a circus. The kids always open their presents on our bed first thing on their birthday morning (unless we are travelling; in that case, we have a mini session which is SO hard - you should have seen us do Christmas in Vietnam last year! I'll have to post about this...)





And here is me with a fabric-wrapped gift for my friend Linden when she left Beijing. It's so much fun to wrap with fabric...

But I also adore wrapping with paper of all kinds, and as I have a bit of an obsession with paper in general, you can imagine the conniptions that occur when I find gorgeous wrapping paper.

And why I love this book so much....

...particularly as it involves retro paper. Paper. Retro. Gifts. I mean, what else in there in life?

Some retro birthday paper examples from All Wrapped Up...


And baby shower examples...


My next gift wrapping session is for my sister-in-law, so I'll post a pic of its creation. Would love to see yours!

Need inspiration? Check out these gorgeous sites...

Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas from Country Living

The Gift Wrapping Ideas wesbite

Top Ten Green Gift Wrap Ideas

Redbook's Gift Wrapping ideas

The master herself - Martha Stewart and Martha Stewart Crafts

Real Simple Creative Wrapping Ideas

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...