Knit Knickers

Thursday 21 May 2009

Look at these gorgeous dolly bloomers knitted by my mother when I was a child. I still remember the skein of wool, all varigated between pink and purple. It was like a ball of candy floss to me... and then when her deft fingers clicked up a pair of dolly knickers in only minutes, it seemed... well. They are treasured knickers, indeed.

My baby doll Sonya wore these for many years before being retired to a plastic box, where she still lies, her sweet little face tattooed with a small squiggle of black texta. Oh the follies of childhood.

As for the knickers, they now rest in acid free tissue paper in a box full of memories, ready to be passed down to my own daughter's daughter, to snuggle the bottom of a future dolly, and bring to it memories of the past. And, of course, lots and lots of love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...