Book Week Parade

Friday 28 August 2009

The kids got dressed up this morning for their school's Book Week Parade - what a party atmosphere as I dropped them to school! There were Harrys and Eloises and pirates and Pippi Longstockings and fairies and monsters and Jedi knights and animals of all genre. It was absolutely sensational.


Ella was desperate to go as Blaze the horse but had to settle for Coco because I had no black felt! Riley was enveloped in a cloud of blue hairspray to become Thing 1 from Cat in the Hat. They looked fantastic and were soooo excited.


I made Riley's costume from a red skivvy and tracksuit pants and a piece of white felt, embroidered with black thread. Ella wore one of my brown polo necks with black tights and Dad's socks on her hands. I glued brown felt to a head band and cut out and ears and a mane, layering the pieces with glue. The tail was made from cut felt, curled around into tubes and tacked together.

Looks like they're going to have a ball at their parade. I wanna go, too!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LIttle Man looks awesome!!!
Ella looks like a little girl again!
TB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...