With Compliments

Wednesday 5 August 2009

There's a funny side to human nature. We all love a compliment, but it's often brushed aside or not quite appreciated.

Another funny thing about compliments is that they are far more impactful when overheard.

That's right - you heard it right.

A compliment has far greater implications on its recipient when it's inadvertently sourced - accidently overheard, received second-hand, stumbled upon.

Well, I hope that the following people stumble upon the following.

While cooking dinner tonight, after a tough verbal altercation with my son, I became somewhat and whimsically appreciative. Not only for my son (who can be lousy sometimes but is also one of my finest treasures), but for other people.

It is often the little things that have the biggest impact on us, do they not? 'Little things' mean so very much and can be something as simple as a kind word, but they add up to an enormous package of gratefulness over time - one tied with a great luminous and luscious bow. And respect. And esteem.

So for the continued wonderfulness of so many things that they do, and the enormous gratitude I have for who they are, right at this moment, I would like to drop the following names into the lap of blogland and hope that they are secretly overheard...

Ssshhh. Don't tell anyone.

Jenn
Ian
Francy
John
Teresa
Barb
Riley
Meghan
Paula
Tina
Dani
Ella
Clive
Justine
Mary

Thank you.

x

Do you have someone you'd like to thank via a blogland name drop?

2 comments:

Dani and Nick said...

Guess what....I heard you and I made sure Nick overheard so I am doubley grateful! XXX

Anonymous said...

love an dmiss youtoo darling girl! TB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...