All Hallow's Eve is Nigh

Friday 30 October 2009

I never dreamed we'd so fall in love with Halloween. WE LOVE IT.

Having just experienced one of the most stressful, busy weeks of my year, it was pretty much coco bananas of me to even think about throwing a Monster Halloween Bash tomorrow. Husband is out of the country, too, so it's going to be interesting hosting 50 people in my house with nary an ayi or ball-busted husband in sight.

Nonetheless. It had to happen. I simply could not go without it. It's become a tradition in our house now, just as Chinese New Year celebrations and Japan's Tanabata (Star Day) are a part of our [vampire] blood.

So, I'll be up tonight late and up early in the morning to clean a house from top to toe, decorate an entire decking and part of the house, and finish baking a buffet of spooky food.

Can't wait to show you all the photos. Look out for the one with a frazzled, wild-haired, sugar-crusted Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, passed out, face down on the lawn with the remnants of a black piƱata vampire bat dotted fancifully around her, snoring loudly.

What are you doing for Halloween?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...