Judging of the Brilliant Writers Competition

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Miles Franklin 2009 Brilliant Writers Competition

Miles Franklin Primary School

Canberra

16 October 2009

I was thrilled to be asked to judge the Miles Franklin Brilliant Writers Competition at Miles Franklin Primary School here in Canberra. The children were asked to view a series of pictures from a collection called The Mysteries of Harris Burdick, and to create a piece of written work in response to the stimulus pictures.

I now have the finalists in my hot little hands and it's a thrill to go through their work and award prizes to the best work in each age group (kinder, grades 1/2, grades 3/4 and grades 5/6). I will award three prizes per group - first place, a highly commended and an encouragement award.

How on earth will I be able to choose?

The awards will be presented at the school on 16 October, Miles Franklin Day, when students and staff will dress up in old fashioned clothes. It's going to be like entering a time warp.

What an amazing initiative and I'm just so chuffed to be involved.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...