Blissful Moments

Tuesday 8 December 2009


image: www.anbg.gov.au

This morning I woke at 5am, which is something that's occuring with frightening regularity at the moment, and before heading straight for the PC, I wandered outside to water some plants.

I was half way through drowning an unfortunate, struggling box hedge when I heard a tweetery peep above me. Looking up, no more than two feet away from me, was the most magnificent rosella, perched on a corner eve of our house.

I gasped as quietly as possible. He tweeted at me. I was blinded by his colour. I said "good morning" and he bent his head and looked me straight in the eye and trilled.

We then proceded to have a chat that lasted for hours in my own mind, but in reality was probably only 10 or 15 seconds. But how beautiful.

"How are you this morning?" Trill trill.

"What a lovely treat to see you here right now." Tweet, trill, tweet.

"What a beautiful way to start the day." Trill tweet and repeat, until he gave me one last flutter of tweets before taking wing.

Life is full of blissful moments, if we just bother to look around. And sometimes we are given extra special ones like this.

(In hindsight, I'm wondering if he was a robot bird sent from the government to hunt down people watering their gardens, and record any misdemeanouring water-wasting ways for the Annuls of Naughtiness.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...