A new and wonderful secret project...

Tuesday 15 December 2009

I'm beside myself to announce a brand new project I'll be working on in between my Riley books with the illustrious Kieron Pratt.

I have long worshipped and adored the work of the Brisbane-based Tina Snerling - artist, crafter, designer extraordinaire. Her dolls over at Tiny Concept are works of art, and her illustrations are something to become enraptured by and swoon over.

When I first talked with this talented artist about the possibility of working on a book together, I was thrilled to learn that illustrating children's books is a long-held dream of Tina's.

Plucking one of my most precious and long-desired book ideas from the files of my computer, I was nervous about showing it to Tina - nervous that she wouldn't be inspired by it or that she would feel her style wouldn't suit the text.

After sending me this test picture (above - can you believe it's a test picture?), I knew my wonderful association with Tina and the total success of this manuscript has already been firmly imprinted upon the colourful pages of Australian children's literature. I'm beside myself at how beautiful this book is going to be, and yes, I'm that confident.

I can't say much more about the book now, but I'm very keen to share with you the process Tina and I go through in making this book become reality, so stay tuned for further updates on The Project.

I hope you fall in love with it as much as Tina and I already have.

4 comments:

Tiny Concept said...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!

Dani and Nick said...

You go girl...xxxxx

Emma Davidson said...

Oooh looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see more!

ninaribena said...

Sooooooo pretty!!! Can't wait to read all about it!!!

ps: My son's pre school class were captivated by both of your Riley books in the final week of school! I couldn't resist and the teacher was in love!

The school actually have quite a Chinese program, and I wonder if you visit school classes? Maybe if they make a gold coin donation per child they can get a copy of the books for their school?! xxx

Happy gorgeous Christmas xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...