I'm a Clayton's Judge!

Saturday 20 February 2010


Tuesday 9 March 2010

Canberra

I'm absolutely thrilled to be a judge for the Clayton's Book Awards for Children's Book Council of Australia, ACT branch. I'll be judging the Young Reader's category - choosing just 6 titles from the hundreds of exciting titles that were entered in this year's Book of the Year Awards.

The Clayton's Book Awards are a fun night for CBCA members to corral and celebrate Australian books in the running for the annual Awards (winners announced 20 August 2010). Judges choose their shortlisted 'picks' for their category and then present to other members the reasons behind their choice.

It's always fun to see which books then make it into the real shortlist, which will be announced on 30 March 2010.

Seeing as though I can't possibly nominate my own book - Riley and the Dancing Lion, which is in the running - I'm hoping that perhaps my guess for shortlisted books is a little off the mark!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...