a riley fan takes off

Wednesday 14 September 2011


Can you even imagine how seeing this photograph made me feel? As an author with a passion for children's books and literacy, knowing that a child has been inspired by my books... well. It's just pretty darn special.

This incredible plane and gorgeous Riley outfit were created by this Riley fan (and a very clever mum and/or dad!) for Book Week at one of the Canberra schools I visited last month. I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw it. What a superb work of art. It's currently on show at Civic Library in Canberra if you want to see it for yourself.

I was also delighted to learn of a kindergartener (yes, you read it right) who was inspired to write his own Riley adventure - Riley and the Croaking Lizard: A journey around Sydney - the day after my Book Week visit. He has since penned a second tale - Riley and the Grumpy Koala. Just brilliant.

This is what being an author is all about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Let the kids love books. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...