christmas wreaths - tissue paper

Tuesday 29 November 2011


Looking for a candy cane flouncing wonder of a wreath? Look no further. This gorgeous wreath is made from not much more than a snatch of tissue paper circles, and just looks divine.


You'll need a foam wreath form, tissue paper, a circle cutter (I used 2 inch), a hot glue gun, iced water for potential burns, and ribbon for hanging.

Attach the ribbon to the form first, holding it up to test the hang, and adjusting its anchor point if need be.

Cut your tissue paper circles (folding paper several times over for strength) and pinch them, right side of paper up, into a flower shape, twisting the base.


Begin gluing the base of each 'flower' to the wreath form, being sure to pack them quite tightly to eliminate gaps. Be mindful of the hot glue, as it seeps easily through tissue paper.


Continue until finished, and very soon you'll have a stunning, whimsical wreath that's an absolute snap to whip up.



See also:
book page wreath
looped white card wreath
fringed paper wreath
hula hoop greenery wreath
pompom wreath
gingerbread men wreath

5 comments:

Dani and Nick said...

oooh....thats my have so far. It looks delicious!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

This is freaking awesome, so featuring these on my blog, i LOVE them!! Love Posie

Tania McCartney said...

So glad you like, gals. They ARE almost edible!

TravelingMom said...

Tania...love this! I'm wanting to do my new kitchen in all red and white for Christmas because I know it will pop. I was planning milk glass with candy canes, white and red "lollies" in clear vases with poinsettas, and now this...I'm thinking over my stove. LOVELY!

Tania McCartney said...

TM - ooooh I LOVE that candy cane theme! I think milk glass and lollies and poinsettias and glass jars is pure divinity. Would love to see what you do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...