national year of reading launching soon

Wednesday 25 January 2012

 

The National Year of Reading will officially launch at the National Library here in Canberra on 14 February 2012. Literacy is so dear to my heart and is a major reason I review and blog on children's books for both Kids' Book Capers and Kids Book Review. I'm thrilled, as NYR12 ambassador for the ACT to be going along to the launch, and am looking forward to meeting other ambassadors who will make reading and comprehension a big focus during 2012.

Led by Australian public libraries, the National Year of Reading 2012 is about people discovering and rediscovering the magic of books and stories. Libraries around the nation are heavily involved, as are school, special and other libraries, and partners in the book trade.

Have you checked out the NYR12 website yet? You can see NYR12 friends (including my pal Dee Whitehere. Check out the partners here (there's loads!), and the ambassadors here.

I'll be blogging on many of the events - right here on my own blog, as well as Kids Book Review and Kids' Book Capers, so watch out for all my news. In the meantime, have you checked out the NYR2012 website? There you can find information on all the fabulous events and initiatives around the country this year.

Keep an eye on the events calendar on the right hand side of the site for updates. Special national events include The Reading Hour, writers in residence, the Creative Reading Prize, the Festival of Indigenous Reading, Writing and Storytelling in Darwin and the It's Never too Late to Learn to Read initiative (see my highly commended short story for this adult initiative here).

I'm working on some cool events with local libraries here in Canberra that you'll hear about soon - and I hope to see you at one of these fabulous events!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...