a happy mother's day

Sunday 13 May 2012

2001

One of the finest Mother's Day presents (apart from the tea-slopped breakfast tray and macaroni cards, of course) I have ever received from my darling husband is a small silvery grey book with black pages, in which I annually paste a Mother's Day photo of me and the kids.

It's a little daunting watching myself get older as the years go by, and it's equally daunting watching my kids stretch and mutate and get hairier and smellier. Nevertheless, it remains one of my most treasured possessions. Being that I lost my mother young - in fact, she was the age I will be next year - I feel blessed to fill as many pages of this book as I can.

What is your most treasured Mother's Day possession?

Happy Mother's Day to everyone who has ever known and loved a mum.

2002

2003

2004

2005


2006

2007

2008

2009

2010

2011
2012

4 comments:

Dani and Nick said...

I LOVE this! Happy Mothers Day! X

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tradition! Just lovely.

tiarastantrums said...

LOVELY! where is 2012 photo?

Tania McCartney said...

Hey T - added, just for you! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...