New Books - 26 November 2013

Tuesday 26 November 2013


Just when I thought we had every single Miroslav Sasek book--I came across this treasure today and thought 'I do not think we have this!!' and we don't. Beyond delighted. One of my favourite book series of all time.


This little treasure I also found today--has that sort of Where the Wild Things Are vibe to it ...


This fabulous tome will be my first Kate Forsyth junior read. The lovely Kate signed it for me at the Writers Unleashed festival in Sydney on 17 November.


I don't normally buy paperback picture books but these two (above and below) stole my heart with their quirky text and stunning illustration.


The book below needs no explanation (except perhaps a reason why I haven't read it yet).


The following adult books, purchased at Dymocks Canberra during their recent Christmas shopping evening have my heart pounding in anticipation.

I'm currently reading the divine Let the Land Speak by Jackie French (a book I race to bed for every evening) and as soon as I'm done with that, I'm facing a major problem. What on earth am I going to read first???







This last book I also snaffled at Writers Unleashed--from the fabulous Tim Ferguson, who was at the festival speaking on comedy writing. It's the type of book you open just for a peek on the way home and you can't put it down, so I've already read the first chapter, and yes, it's funny.

So wish I had three weeks just to lie around and drink tea and read! What are you reading?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...