#illo52weeks - week 8: cross hatching

Wednesday 19 February 2014


Cross hatching has been such an interesting challenge. I nominated it to stretch myself (and the Challenge members) and thought I'd hate it. Turns out I've fallen in love with it.

It's certainly challenging, but it's also meditative and really rewarding. Amazing to think that a series of random lines can create such an effect, even if, in my case, they look a lot better at a distance!

Most of these were done with a fine felt tip on paper. I hope to be adding more attempts to this post during the week.

If you're interested in joining in the 52-Week Illustration Challenge, just click here!




The following fish was done with graphite pencil, 2B.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...