have yourself a merry little christmas

Tuesday 8 December 2020

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Let your heart be light
From now on
Our troubles will be out of sight
 
That's what I wish for you this year. It's been some kind of 2020 and it seems that on top of the regular stuff [we're all tired of hearing about], so many of you have had an extra challenging year. Some of you have lost loved ones, too. I am sending an extra special helping of virtual festive smooches to you.

Like most of you, I've pared back the Christmas card deliveries this year, so here is my Christmas card to you.
 
My decorating theme this year is 'nature with a hint of shimmer'. It nearly killed me putting this up, I'm that exhausted and over it... and to think I pared back even more than last year (indeed, each year is more simple). But I knew it would be more painful if I didn't do it. If you're anything like me, I've just let go of a lot of 'effort' this year, as everything just seemed too much. I knew that if I let go of this festive tradition, I'd be on a slippery slope to misery, so She Persisted.

And I'm so happy I did. It fills my heart every time I move around the house.

Sending you love this shimmery Christmas day. It's going to be a little different for us, again, with the kids older now, and working. We'll do an early pressie/breakfast thing then our meal will be in the evening (très European, sweetie darling, though a day late). We'll nestle into the couches, with candles and games and a massive spread of antipasto and all things deliciousness, including my annual gingerbread and fruitcake (though I'm going gluten-free for both - wish me luck). I'm doing a bombe Alaska this year, too.

So, hang a shining star upon the highest bough
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now.

Tx






































No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...