Family Portrait

Monday 19 November 2007

Our family recently decided to do a photo shoot. I have always categorically avoided them; mainly because I fear the old “fake grins and plastered-down hair against the seedy backdrop” result, reminiscent of something you’d find in Great Aunt Petunia’s dusty old attic. It would be just my luck.

So it was with trepidation that we entered the hutongs around Hou Hai last Saturday, wearing our Sunday best and a hope for the best.

What a refreshing experience.

We jumped on hutong walls, ran along cobbled lanes, munched on crabapple toffees and hid under the red tassels of jerri cabs. The kids giggled with delight – with real smiles and not much posing. The result? A fresh, bright and sweet memento of a family who never manages a group shot without someone being the grumble-bum.

And yes, yes… I think I’ll have it made into a family Christmas card, yet another thing I swore I’d never do.

Now that will make Great Aunt Petunia happy…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...