Autumn in Canberra

Monday 18 May 2009

Autumn took a long time to come to Canberra this year. It's almost winter and it's only now I'm beginning to actually glimpse the cold and very bright blue skies through naked branches.

On a recent trip to Lake Burley Griffin to feed the birds (something we have always done and love to do), the kids went bananas playing in the golden leaves, lakeside. We loved feeding the black swans and watching model sailboats on the water's surface.




The colours were exquisite - especially when a flock of snowy white cockatoos screeched overhead...

...then held a party in the trees above.

I love this time of year.


1 comment:

TB said...

so pretty - those swans are gorgeous - I don't know why but in my head I just thought that AUS was HOT HOT HOT all year round!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...