Event: Before School Reading Visit

Sunday 23 August 2009

20 August 2009

Jerrabomberra Public

Canberra

I'm a huge supporter of reading - I love it, do it, encourage it and support it, especially when extra effort is made to help those who struggle.

Jerra Public has a fantastic Before School Reading programme that encourages young readers to foster a love of books - in my opinion, the biggest drawcard to hone a solid reader.

I chatted with both the readers and their helpers. We read Riley and the Sleeping Dragon and we talked about the importance of reading (eg: did you know that if you can read well, the quality of your life will improve?) and then we made red paper planes and ran around throwing them everywhere!

I also signed bookmarks and books.

Huge thanks to Megan Hasler for this wonderful moment in time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...