What's Cooking

Tuesday 11 August 2009

I don't know about you, but I've been totally inspired by the Masterchef Australia. It's like a great hulking culinary presence has descended upon our house and taken me by the boring-old-nightly-repertoire shoulders and given me a good sautéeing.

Since the show aired, I've cooked my first crown lamb roast, baked my first pork roll and have made a soup using my first ham hock. A feat considering I'm not a big meat eater.

Last night it was my first ever Indian. Tandoori chicken with dahl and my own invented vegetable mixture using a blend of Indian spices inspired by the dahl.

It was absolutely delicious and even reluctant Riley gobbled it down. We even watched papdams puff up like marshmallows in a pan of oil, bringing back memories of when my Dad used to drop prawn chips into vats of golden vegetable oil and we'd eat them fresh from the pan, searing our tongues.

Does anyone have a fantastic dahl recipe they'd like to share?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh this is like TOp Chef here !! love this show!!

I love Indian!! make it all the time although my picky kids refuse to eat it! LOVE papdams!!! I could eat those addictive things every day I think! I have never made dahl, I don't know why, mostly b/c I adore chick peas more!

TB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...