It's a Sweet Life - the Ultimate Family Road Trip

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Goodie goodie gumdrops!

Only four more sleeps and we are off on our very special road trip as part of the Renault Koleos test drive experience.

For those of you who haven’t a clue what I’m rambling on about – our lucky duck nuclear unit is testing out a family-friendly Koleos for a whole month, and we also get to do a road trip (our choice was Sydney) to see how this baby travels on the run. Boy, am I itching for the kids to give their aviation-style flip up tables (pictured) a whirl.

I must admit, I’m hugely excited about this trip. I spent seven years living in Sydney – in all the lux spots we couldn’t possibly afford to live in now, like Kirribilli, Manly and Bondi Junction – and it’s been many years since I’ve spent any great amount of time there. Although I’m now a Melbourne girl through-and-through (albeit one living in the nation’s capital), I must admit I have an awfully deep infatuation with Sydney and I’m quite beside myself to introduce our kids to this amazing town once and for all.

To make this long weekend getaway into something scrumptious and fun, we are embarking on an It’s a Sweet Life trip – cruising from Canberra to the Sydney CBD via every delicious eatery and sweets shops we can find. Yes, our family are sugar-coated-sweet-tooths – and we’ll be reporting on every delectable morsel we find to make this trip lip-smacking. If we could have ourselves chocolate-dipped, we certainly would.

We’ll also be paying visit to the top Sydney kid-friendly attractions. It’s been a loooong time since I’ve frequented these haunts (Luna park was out of service for most of the years I lived in town) and it will be interesting to see how the aquarium and zoo and Manly Wharf and Bondi and such have changed. We may even find some sweet treats in these spots, too.

Read more at Australian Women Online where I'll be posting on this fab trip... HERE.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...