Readings and Signing with Kieron Pratt at St Monica's, Canberra

Monday 29 March 2010

My book readings and presentations for kids was taken to a whole new level thanks to my glorious illustrator Kieron Pratt, who accompanied me on a fabulous visit to St Monica's Primary School in Canberra.

Kieron had the children absolutely entranced with his fuzzy personality and talent. After a book reading that was rasped out by me (part of my voice was missing at the time!), we took the kids through a powerpoint presentation on how we collaborated to write and illustrate a book.

Here is Kieron (below) being a cheeky monkey behind my back, just seconds before being sent to the naughty chair.


And here he is doing what he does best (other than enthral children) - showing saucer-eyed children how he draws Riley... first with outlines...


And then padding everything out with arms and leg 'sausages'. Brilliant.


After the presentation, we had a fun time signing lots of books and chatting to the kids about this, that, the other, books, writing and travel. And naughty illustrators.


Huge thanks to the lovely Rachael Hind for organising, and I can't wait to go back to St Monica's awesome library full of awesome kids again. Naughty illustrators optional.



;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...