Book Week 2010 - My School Visits

Monday 13 September 2010

I had such a lovely Book Week with local schools this year - visiting several and thoroughly enjoying each and every one. Here I am at St Thomas the Apostle in Kambah (above) where I spoke to several year 3 classes.

Next was St Bede's Primary School in Red Hill where I chatted with the year 4 class...


Then it was on to St Monica's in Evatt, where the lovely Rachael Hind (CBCA Visiting Author Coordinator) set up a talk with some kindergarteners.

I also visited Canberra Girls Grammar in Deakin and had lots of fun with the year 2 kids...


...before doing three back-to-back sessions with the boys at Marist Primary School in Pearce...

My talks involved a reading of Riley and the Dancing Lion then a powerpoint presentation and discussion on how I literally put the book pages together, including sneak peeks at illustrations from roughs to finals and info on designing, publishing, printing and marketing books.

Huge thanks to the fabulous teacher/librarians who looked after me - Barb Selleck, teacher Victoria Scarano, Louise Hall, Rachael Hind and Janine Hays - and thanks to the fabulous kids who make school visits just so much fun.

See you again next year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...