instafun with faux polaroids

Monday 5 November 2012

 

hello. my name is Tania and I'm an instagram addict.

Recently, I changed up my writing studio. I cleaned it out and made it more streamlined and workable and prettier. My lovely friend Posie gave me some little corkboards and I collected a few other bits and bobs and I loved it - but there just seemed to be something missing.

I stumbled across the amazing Paislee Press recently and fell in love with her templates and stunning calendar design options for photos. So I used the templates {you do need to have photoshop or Adobe Illustrator or some other design software} to create this beautiful calendar {just 5 x 7" prints} for 2013, using instagram photos. I absolutely love it.


I then decided to print off a whole heap of my instagram photos to decorate my studio walls. I love the Polaroid look but do NOT like the price, so all I did was create an Adobe Illustrator file {if you don't have design software, you simple MUST invest in it} and created a document to the 4 x 6" ratio {ie: the regular 10c photo size}. Within that document, I pasted square instagram images then centred them towards the top of the page, so you have an even border around the top and sides, then a larger border down below {ie: polaroid!}.

I cut and pasted around 200 IG photos into this template and 'exported' them to jpeg files. I then went to the good people at Harvey Norman and had the jpegs printed as regular 4 x 6" photos. The entire thing cost $20.




With a little blu-tac and a lot of patience, I've tacked around 150 photos to the wall - with more to spare for other spots. I'm in the midst of revamping a gorgeous Salvos find {a hutch}, so will post on that soon. I do plan to add photos to it - can't wait to show you.


So this - above - is what I get to look at every day. I could not be happier. It's love. Are you doing something special to your workspace?




3 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

It looks so amazing, i love it all, wow, through the glass too, every angle, just so impressive!! Can't wait to see it in the flesh, love Posie

Anonymous said...

Can you do this with photoshop!

Tania McCartney said...

Yes! You can do it in any design software - even paintbox.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...