#illo52weeks - week 16: book cover

Sunday 20 April 2014


Something very exciting has been happening these past few months. I've been so utterly inspired by the 52-Week Challenge, I started (with much trepidation) illlustrating my very own text. The only thing was, I hadn't even written the text yet. Instead, I wrote the text as I went, creating imagery inspired by a retro poster. And I finished it about 10 days ago.

It was a surreal moment. The whole thing has been very, very exciting--dreamy, really--and I'm honestly amazed at how quickly and beautifully it flowed. Doesn't that always happen when you're in your Element?

It was therefore a bit of an irony that this week's Challenge theme should be BOOK COVER. I won't show you the cover for the text I fully illustrated because that's currently in the hands of a gorgeous publisher, but I will show you a mock cover I did for another picture book text of mine - When I Was Little. This is a story that's very dear to my heart and this cover is not the one, nor the style, I'll eventually go with (I've since come up with something else) but I enjoyed it all the same.

I hope you're doing something that brings you into your Element.

#illo52weeks

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...