hello, Flo - passion project

Tuesday 14 May 2019



While scouring my laptop today, I came across this watercolour I did for a picture book I was penning on Florence Broadhurst (around 4 - 5 years ago). The project, like my book on May Gibbs, Mamie, proved difficult to pursue, but if Mamie could come to fruition, maybe Flo could, too.

Although I'd change a million things about this artwork, seeing it brought back a flood of beautiful memories - mainly because this was a passion project for me. Uncontracted and just for 'fun'.

It's also a reminder to revisit past ideas and projects that bring us joy. Will I pursue this book one day? Perhaps. When I get out from under this production mountain I'm under! Until then, I hope this little random post encourages you to dive into projects you adore - and ignore both the limitations imposed by the world around you ... and by yourself.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...