Event: Jane Brown Pearls

Monday 4 May 2009


With Leonie (right) from Snowgum Studio

There's something about the lustre of pearls that entrances women. That, and fascinating stories, interesting conversation and wonderful contacts found at this Daisy & Dandelion event I went to last Thursday.


Jane Brown (far left) Kate from Misschief Maker (right)

Listening to the captivating tale of Jane Brown's five years in China - which facilitated the birth of her divine business - was not only thought-provoking and educational for me, it was also a trip down memory lane. I had to bite my lip to curtail the urge to shout out "I know!" and "Me, too!" and "I went there!" and "I knew her!"

It was fantastic to meet and mingle with a group of talented women - some established in business, some wanting to start new businesses, some interested in expansion - but all interested in sharing and learning. My only regret was not having enough time to chat with everyone. It was also a pleasure to speak with Jane's husband, Peter, about Beijing.

I'm speaking at a D&D event tonight, so I'm sure I'll have more of an opportunity to find out what other people are doing.

Loving Canberra for this. Thanks, Candice, for organizing!


And a little plug for Jane...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...