Kids Book Clubs

Thursday 13 August 2009

As a kids' author, I'm often asked to do fun things. One of my most funnest things of all is reading to kids, which I've done a lot since the launch of Riley and the Sleeping Dragon.

One of the best things about reading to kids is meeting them to chat with and share their love of books. It was with absolute delight, then, that I paid a visit to Red Hill primary school recently, to inaugurate the school's very first Book Club meeting.

Organized by three book-loving children from year six, I was so impressed by this mighty initiatve, I was thrilled to go along and talk to a group of children ranging from around 7 to 11 years old. They enjoyed a reading of Riley and the Sleeping Dragon and a discussion on writing and publishing books.

We also chatted about books in general and all got a chance to nominate our favourite fiction. It was so much fun to learn about the books these clever students enjoy.

Thanks for having me, kids! I loved our meeting and I hope to see you again soon!

(Many thanks to Miss Evans, too!)

1 comment:

Jonam said...

Thanks kids Author

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...