queensland day one: figs, chai and maroochydore library

Thursday 29 March 2012


Returning to the rain and fog of Canberra was a little tough after a pure, sunshiny dose of four days in Queensland. I flew to Brisbane and drove straight to the Sunshine Coast where I met up with my oldest and dearest friend, women's health professional Mary O'Dwyer.

Just take a look at the brunch (above) I was subjected to upon arrival - fresh figs, blushing pears and vibrant blue berries, served with tea, overlooking the garden view in her stunning house.

After a thoroughly relaxing morning, it was a short drive to Maroochydore Library for a fabulous afternoon of fun and historical frivolity. Always glorious to read to children but it was such a thrill to meet Jim, an historian and author from Bribie Island, as well as other history-addicted adults who came along to hear me speak about Australian Story. They were even keen to join in the fun with me and the kids!


I'm not sure if Julia-Gillard-red is really my thing . . .






My warmest thanks to Jane and Maureen for having me visit the library, and for hosting this lovely event.


We finished the afternoon with the most unbelievable chai tea (below, with little dishes of honey) at The Silva Spoon. Entering this cafĂ© is truly like entering another world . . .


To wrap up Day One of my trip, Mary, her husband (physio and men's health professional Craig Allingham) and I nibbled rice paper rolls, sipped a delectable white and nattered the night away. A truly blissful beginning to my mini tour.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...