queensland day three: schools and scones

Saturday 31 March 2012


Day three of my Queensland visit, and the sun was still shining! I hotfooted it early, braving the winding streets of Brisbane to Kenmore and Our Lady of the Rosary School, where I chatted with a batch of newly hatched year one kids - all about Australian Story. Many thanks to Cecilia for organising my visit - it was a lot of fun! and the kids were so responsive.



After my visit, I had a lovely morning tea with my gorgeous, talented friend and handmade living co-creator, Tina Snerling. Over scones and the most divine chai tea, it was so wonderful to catch up on our lives, even for a short time.

At lunch time I dashed off again - this time to the north of Brisbane, to Genesis Christian College for the warmest welcome and a presentation with year 4 and 5 students. What an amazing bunch of kids! The school had even organised for my visit to be put up in lights at the front of the school, and the kids were so helpful and interactive. Warmest thanks to the lovely Joy Payne for making my visit so memorable.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...