Chrissy Decs 2018

Saturday 15 December 2018


I've decked the halls! About a month later than I normally do, but that's what being out of town for a month and diving headfirst into deadlines does to a gal.

I also baked gingerbread and made our Christmas cake, though this year I made it in a bundt tin (AND it came out clean, I might add ... phew).

And now I am complete.

Decs are super slim this year--I just didn't have the energy to go full bore, and I have to say I like the sparseness. It's calming. We all need calm.

Our girl may be working this Christmas morning, so our family life is certainly changing. We might have to do the Euro thing and open pressies on Christmas Eve. Of course, we'd then need to have fortified wine and stöllen, ja? Actually does stollen have an umlaut? I don't think it does, but I want to give it one, so there you go. Happy Christmas, stöllen.

Wishing you all a sugarplum Christmas that's calm and bright. I hope you find merry, peace and quiet under the Christmas tree this year (along with a book or twenty). Whatever you do, and wherever you are ... whether you spend it out on a deck overlooking the ocean or in a hammock in the garden or snuggled up on the couch with a book 'neath a snow-dredged mountain, I send you love--from my house to yours.

Tx











































No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...