Mamie window and book reading at Harry Hartog

Friday 14 December 2018


The Mamie celebrations continue with a book reading at Harry Hartog in Woden last weekend. Such a hugely busy time of year, I'm so grateful to everyone for coming along. Any excuse to catch up, too!

A frollick of fairies and gumnut babies appeared, and got busy making their own fairy/elf crowns. Then we had a book reading (my little Mamie doll helped!) then I signed books while guests had a peek at the window, gobbled fairy cakes and sipped champagne (the big fairies!).

We sold out of all books, including those in the window display, oh no!! I know James is expecting more copies in soon, so I hope you can get to Woden and have a peek at the window and pick up a copy of the book.

Enjoy this peek at this divine little celebration. I don't think any more words are necessary other than to thank James and the lovely HH team for hosting the Mamie window and this reading so close to Christmas. Oh, and I also want to say, gosh I love kids. They are just so completely divine. Thank you, kids, for being kids.

Big thanks to Tracey Hawkins and Leanne Barrett (and others) for the sensational photos!



we always do a lot of laughing; why do we always laugh a lot in this business? so much fun

hello, Mamie doll!





the darling poppets who won my Mamie giclée print for best-dressed

My beautiful, talented industry friends--above, Stephanie Owen Reeder, Cate Whittle, Belle Alderman and Irma Gold. Below, me with Belle Alderman and Leanne Barrett. Bottom, Tracey Hawkins, Stephanie Owen Reeder and Cate Whittle (I love this pic!).


Tracey, Stephanie and Cate (love this pic!)

probably my fave shot of the day

look at the wattle blossom leggings!


Shaye Wardrop--the costumes, the gum blossom jewellery (above)--you are incredible--and I am BESOTTED!


Above, bubbles dispenser extraordinaire and all-round bookish type legend, James Redden of Harry Hartog. More beautiful poppets, above right, who have an immensely talented Grandma.


Tracey Hawkins, moi, Stephanie Owen Reeder and Irma Gold--these gals are divine

the immensely talented Shaye Wardrop

my fave part of every book event--chatting to the kiddles; how I love them

more shenanigans at the window! Love these kids
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...