No-sugar, no-wheat, no-dairy, no alcohol - DAY EIGHT

Saturday 27 February 2010


Eating laptop? I know how she feels...

Woke on day eight feeling good. I feel lighter. No hungover feeling.

My whoozyness and headaches have stopped.

Husband is waking me at 6.30am – an hour later than usual – and I start the day in front of My Workout on the tele or on the treadmill.

NOT missing dairy. NOT missing wheat. I think it helps that I ate hardly any wheat to start with. Honestly, you can replace bread with so much – think corn and rice and rye. Also, once you’re off this regime, reintroduce wheat by eating flatbread and give that nasty old yeast a miss. Yeast feeds on sugar and creates nastiness in the bowel.

I can’t believe how ‘bouncy’ the muscles in my thighs are becoming – like an inflated balloon! Sure, there’s still a layer of fat keeping them nice and squidgy, but the tone is incredible. Squats, girls, squats!

Whenever I stand on my feet (which is not often given my writing busyness), I find myself automatically squatting, lunging, bending, kicking, pelvic tucking. Good thing. I just love how my body is feeling – that gorgeousness you feel when you stretch a tired muscle… it’s like that all the time. And my flexibility is improving by the day.

I was SOOO hungry by the afternoon, it took me by surprise. Drank lots of water and herbal tea and ate a million rice crackers. Stared at the sugar-ridden, fat-rife, wheat-laden Iced Vovos for lengthy periods, without blinking. Then walked away. Not happy, Jan. Aaaaaaaaaargh!

Crashed and burned emotionally in the early evening. Could have been due to ‘that time of the month’. Felt angry, weepy, despairing. So badly wanted a Chardonnay, I could taste it on my lips.

Mood improved after a nutrition-packed tuna and bean salad with lots of raw vegies.

FOOD TIPS: Instead of nibbling when I’m hungry, I sip instead (often thirst is mistaken for hunger). If it’s not sparkling mineral water (plain!), it’s the most divine tea my friend Mary sent me from The Silva Spoon – called ‘wellbeing’. It’s a blend of lemongrass, ginger, dandelion, peppermint, cinnamon and liquorice. I like herbal teas, but this one is totally addictive and fills lots of sweet cravings spaces.

The other thing I’m doing is drinking miso soup. You can buy it in little sachets at the supermarket. I’ll concede it may be an acquired taste, but give it a try and you’ll soon become addicted. It is ideal as a base to which you can add lots, including rice noodles.

Naturopath tomorrow. I’m going to need this visit – psychologically more than anything.

Day One
Day Two
Day Three
Day Four
Day Five
Day Six
Day Seven
Day Nine
Day Ten
Day Eleven
Day Twelve
Day Thirteen
Day Fourteen

3 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Tania, i'm in awe of you!! You're incredible & doing so well. Sure you don't have an ouce of fat on those long legs of yours!! See you tomorrow at Mathilda's, love Posie

Megan Blandford said...

Ooh, getting through 'that time of the month' without sugar is a big deal! If you can get through this you can do anything - Go Tania, Go! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Good on you! Thats fantastic. And I'm continuing to learn from you about this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...